Life before Christ, we were:
* dead spiritually
- 1 Timothy 5:6
- When you live in sin you are a dead man walking.
** separated from God
* unable to fellowship with God
Sin acts as a bearer between Man and God.
** living in the sphere of rebellion against God.
- Ephesians 2:3
But God in His love and mercy... (Ephesians 2:4)
He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for you.
- You are God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
- You are God's idea and masterpiece.
- You are the work of His hand.
- Always believe you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
God's will for you is living in the fullness of life that comes with salvation:
* Made alive in Christ
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- You are born again; regenerated - John 3:3.
** Raised to a new type of life with Christ.
- Colossians 3:1-2
* soon to be seated in the heavenly realm with Christ.
- One day, you will see Jesus face to face.
- You need to live each day being ready to meet Jesus.
- The biggest focus of our Christian journey is to live a life that honours Christ.
Our Response to Regeneration (new life):
1. Faith in Christ
Faith is to have trust or confidence in things unseen by human eyes.
- Hebrews 11:1
- Always focus on God's ability to do the impossible. He is able and willingly to turn things around in your favour.
- Choose not to believe the bad report that is in front of you. Choose to trust what God says about it in His Word and align your behaviour to it.
- When you believe in God, He won't put you faith in Him to shame.
3 types of faith
* saving faith - When someone gets born again.
* fruit of faith - ushetd to obtain things from God.
* gift of faith - the impossible become possible.
- It happens for specific occurances in God.
When you have faith in God, you are trusting for the completion and manifestation of things yet to come.
i. The devil's aim is to attack and destroy your faith.
he knows without faith, you will not overcome him and possess what God has in-store for you.
1 Timothy 6-12
- Your fight should be that of faith.
- 2 Timothy 4:7
- Luke 22:31-32; 1 Thessalonians 3:5
- Faith in Christ is the foundation you stand on.
Fight the good fight of faith.
- Hold onto God and His promises against all odds.
1 Peter 5:8-9
You need to establish a system of resisting the enemy's plans.
- You need to stand firm in your faith.
In 2020, learn not to speak about your problems but what God is saying about the situation.
- Do not agree with the enemy and his lies.
- You language should not align with what the enemy is doing but rather what God has promised.
** We obtain things from God by faith.
- Matthew 9:18-20
* We live by faith
- Galatians 2:20, Habakkuk 2:4
* We walk by faith
2 Corinthians 5:7
II. Holiness to Christ
It is a process.
- It is to live for God as we forsaken our old ways of life.
- It is to be separated from the world.
Colossians 3:5-8, 12-14
What is weighing heavily on your soul.
* The holiness of God is incomparable.
** None shall see God without holiness.
* The call of God to Man is holiness.
** We must present ourselves to God in holiness.
*** We should serve God in holiness.