3 Options when a misunderstanding occurs:
* Resolution - to settle the issue peacefully.
** Resignation - to walk away.
* Separation - to move on.
Biblical Concept of Reconciliation:
i. Restoration of a friendly and compatible friendship
- God wants everything that concerns you to be restored to His plans for you from the beginning of time.
ii. Back together with God
Our relationship with God is restored to its original state.
- We are no longer God's enemies but His beloved children.
iii. Our vertical relationship with God restored.
- Colossians 1:19-22; Genesis 3:23-24.
iv. Our horizontal relationship with each other restored.
- 1 Timothy 2:5; Matthew 15:22-24
Our duty concerning reconciliation:
i. Live in harmony, fellowship and peace with God and with one another.
- Romans 12:16-18
- God has given us different gifts that need to complement with the gifts of those around you.
- If there is no harmony between you and God, there will be no peace.
- Make your aim to live in peace with everyone.
Your life should be centred on peace.
ii. Make love the central thing
Ask God for grace to love both your neighbour and enemy.
- You need to share the love that you have received from God with others.
- Philippians 1:9; 1 Corinthians 13.
- Mattbew 22:36-40
God's love for you is unconditional.
Never do anything outside of love or else it is in vain.
- Whatever, you do and say, do and say it unto God and not unto Man.
- Your actions and speech have to bring honour back to a God.
Romans 12:9-10; 1 Timothy 1:5; Matthew 22:37-40; Philippians 1:9
iii. Pursue godliness and usefulness
2 Peter 1:3
You are saved for a purpose to do what God has called you to do.
Godliness is to be Christlike.
- Releasing the aroma of Jesus through you.
- Bear fruits of the Spirit.
- Enoch walked with God and pleased God.
- Pursue to be a godly woman/man.
- Strive to please God both in public and private.
A great way to thank God is living a life that pleases Him.
- Is your life pleasing God?
Your gift can take you where your character cannot keep you.
2 Timothy 2:20-26; Jeremiah 29:15
God wants you to be a vessel of honour.
- You need to separate yourself from things that draw you away from God.
2 Peter 3:10-12
When everything is said and done, what is expected of us is to live godly lives.
Do not be conformed to the patterns of this world.
What is the aroma that you leave wherever you go?
iv. Walk in humility
It begins by recognizing and acknowledging who God is.
Isaiah 66:1-2, Philippians 2:2-11; 1 Peter 5:5-6; Proverbs 3:34
Always check the motive of why you do certain things.
Traits of someone who is humble:
* Listens to understand and not to justify your actions.
- Never choose to win an argument and lose a friend in the process. It is not worth it.
** Never shifts blame
* Has a teachable spirit
- Be willing to be taught by any vessel that God links you with.
- When you are open to learning you will grow richer.
Your behaviour needs to show that you are a Child of God.
** Think highly of others
Learn to be as humble as Christ.
- Even though He was God, He came down to earth to serve others.
v. Be bold
Be bold to enter into God's presence as you have been reconciled with Him.
- Be bold to preach the Good News of the kingdom of God with others.
Acts 4:2, 9:31, 2 Corinthians 3:12, Hebrews 4:16, 10:19
Do your part and the rest is on God