- To be bought back
Deliverance or rescue of the humankind from its state of alienation accomplished through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Romans 3:10, 23-25
No-one could have made themselves become righteous. It is through the redemption of Christ that we have become in right standing with God.
* Bondage - addiction, despair, oppression, sickness, rejection, etc.
** Freedom - free (Romans 8:1)
Now that You have changed camps you now need to prove it by your lifestyle.
- Matthew 3:8 (ESV)
1. Do not entangle yourself again with the yoke of slavery.
- Proverbs 26:11, 2 Peter 2:10-20, Galatians 5:1
- There is no joy in sin, sin hurts.
- You did not get redeemed for you to be put into bondage by sin again.
- Choose not to enjoy the comfort zone of sin.
You cannot hang onto your old ways of doing things and still want to also experience God's full goodness in your life.
- You cannot live a sinful life and still want to worship God.
- You need to create space by letting go of old ways so that you can fully embrace what God has in store for you.
- Isaiah 43:18.
Learn to speak positively to others and not be the one who hurts others with your words.
2. Look forward to a better world.
Jeremiah 29:11 - God has good plans for you.
- Not only in this life you will be blessed and also in the life to come.
- You are blessed with all the blessing in Christ Jesus.
As a Christian, your focus is not only earth but living in Paradise with Christ.
- There is a better future in the new city God has set for all His children.
- In that city, there is no sorrow nor pain.
As a Child of God, your life is winning when you are alive and when you die.
- On earth, you have an opportunity to live for Christ according to His purpose for you life.
- In heaven, you will have an opportunity to be with Jesus and spend time worshipping Him.
Do you live a life that is ready and at peace to be with God in heaven?
Romans 8:18, Hebrews 11:15-16
3. Live for the glory of God.
I Corinthians 10:31, Revelations 14:6-7, Matthew 5:16
All you do should be done for the glory of God.
- Is God being glorified through my life?
- If He is not being glorified, change your lifestyle.
- You glorify God through your actions and your actions make people glorify God.
2 Corinthians 5: 15-18, Col 3:16
May the Spirit of God give you the hunger to read and meditate God's Word until it becomes your lifestyle.
May you live a life that chooses to glorify God even if things are not going according to your plan.
- Ask God to give you clarity on His vision for your life.
Use the Bible as your source of guidance on how to live your life.
4. Tell the story of your salvation.
- What is it that God has done in your life? Go and share your story.
Focus on your story and don't be fixated on other people's story. You do not know what God has said to them.