I. The Miracle of Healing
The beggar was sitting close to the magnificent Beautiful Gate.
- He had been going to the same temple for many years until one day he had an encounter with God through Peter and John.
- As a Christian, you need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's voice as He leads you to be a blessing to those around you.
You can be short in supply of other things but not the power of the Holy Spirit that works in and through you.
- You need the miraculous power of Jesus and your willingness to be a blessing to others (willingly to help others).
Peter and John knew that their words had power - look at us, walk. The cripple walked at the command of their words.
- Your words have power to bless, heal, help others, etc.
When God does something in your life, you need to rejoice as an express of your joy for what He has done in your life.
The Message of Hope
Every miracle leads to a message of hope that draws people to Christ.
- miracle + message = result
- Your testimonies are an opportunity for you to share the faithfulness of God with others.
Miracles are designed to point people to Jesus.
- Never take credit for what God does in and through you. The credit belongs to Jesus - Acts 3:12-13
Repentance and faith in God results in (Acts 3:19):
* sins will be wiped out - God gives you an opportunity to start on a clean slate (past)
** times of refreshment - God wiĺ refresh your soul (present)
* return of Christ - He is coming back for you (future)