Mark 3:13 - 20
Timing is everything.
- Jesus was calling for the third time for the 12 Apostles to serve.
1. First call - Conversion (John 1:41)
No one is ready for leadership if you haven't made a declaration of faith in Jesus Christ and determination to live for Him.
2. Second call - Discipleship (Luke 5:1-10)
Regardless of what you are going through you need to get a point were you say, nevertheless as long as God has said it, I will continue to do what He has spoken to me.
Learning from Christ how to be like Christ.
- Your task in life is to be like Christ and for it to happen you have to become students of the Word.
- Your potential is in the Word of God - Psalm 1:1-6; 1 Peter 3:15
Every Child of God needs to know the Word of God.
Why you need to know the Word of God:
* It's God's expectation
** You need to understand what you believe
* There will be times in your life when you will face challenges and the Word of God will be your source of encouragement.
You need to know the Word of God for yourself.
- Your place to stand in every situation is the sure Word of God.
3. Third Call - Apostleship
Speak on God's behalf
Jesus chose the most unlikely candidates to become His apostles
- Those He chooses He qualifies and prepares.
God has strategy on how to have His will fulfilled through you.
You need to have a:
i. Committed Company
Your strength is in your commitment to Jesus Christ.
- You need to have unwavering commitment to Jesus
- Reality is that no matter what you are going through you will have an unshakable commitment to Christ.
- He will never leave nor forsake you; choose Christ.
ii. Crucial Communicators
Know the value and importance of the Gospel of Jesus.
- The answer to today's problems is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Share the Gospel everywhere you go.
iii. Capable Cast
You are much stronger and capable than you think.
- Victory is yours because God got your back covered.
- You posses something that money cannot buy; the power of God at work in you! (ACTS 3:6-7).
Trust God to show up in your situation.
- God is able and willing to come through for you.
Every Child of God needs to aspire to go home (death) with God.
- Everyday death sends us a sign that it is on the way. It is ok as long as you have committed your life to a Christ.