1 Timothy 2:1-4
Ministry is about connecting with God first.
- Prayer should be your first priority.
- You need to pray for everyone.
- The purpose of intercession is to bring salvation.
- It pleases God when we intercede.
1. The sole object of our Intercession is God.
2. The basis of our Intercession constitutes of our relationship with God and His people.
- Intercession is about you mediating between God and Man.
3. Yielding to God's Spirit provides us with needed inspiration, guidance, as well as enthusiasm for an effective intercession.
- Romans 8:26
- True leadership is being able to pray for those you are leading.
People tend to reflect on what they will gain from each situation they become part of.
Everyone wins when we raise up the full canopy of intercessory prayer.
- The devil fights prayer as he knows it makes people victorious.
- The devil either makes you not pray or focus on only your own needs and wants.
- It's love that pushes you to pray for those who don't even know you are praying for them.
In discharging this ministry of love we learn that:
I. The God to whom we are praying
* When you pray, you give God the legal right to override the earthly kingdoms of this world.
- There are certain things God cannot do until you pray.
- For God to intervene on earth, He needs permission from Man. This is why the devil and his demons possess human beings and work through them.
- Psalm 115:16
** Your prayer gives God an opportunity to demonstrate His manifest power
- Acts 12:5-12
- Many times the people you are praying for are oblivious to their needs.
- When you pray for people you attract them to you and a bond is created.
- God can't do the miraculous if the Church doesn't stand in intercession.
God will do nothing until He finds someone who will invite Him to intervene.
- God's Kingdom will manifest when intercessors take their place.
- Prayer = asking God to invade earth with His power.
II. The people for whom we are praying.
* Heaven opens over people when you pray for them.
- There are people who will go to hell if you do not pray for them.
** Spiritual blindness will be removed - Prayer opens people eyes to see life in God's eyes.
* Supernatural success begins to manifest in their lives.
- Never underestimate the power of praying for someone.
III. The people of God at large
- Intercession precedes revival
- Whenever God does mighty works, it can be traced to mighty prayers.
- Acts 8:8
- Prayer can impact an entire city.
Prayer turns around bad situations to becom tools of blessings.
- Intercession is powerful because everyone wins.
IV. The praying person
As you pray for people:
* You become God's confidante.
* You become an agent of revival.
* Your spiritual fervency grows.
* You remove your focus from your own troubles.
* You gain a changed heart towards the people you are praying for.
The only solution to deal with your enemies is to pray for them.
- If God says pray for your enemies, who should you not pray for?