Scriptures: Isaiah 37:14-20; Isaiah 38:1-5; 2 Kings 18:1-7
When we don't know what to do with the influence that God gives us, we become drunk with success.
Isaiah 37:15 - Hezekiah prayed to the Lord
- When you pray things change - Prayer itself doesn't change
- its whom you pray to that makes the difference.
- God has all the resources we need. He complains that we don't come to Him and ask
- Our not asking is because we don't know who we are praying too.
- Don't magnify your problem more than God - He is resourceful - Nothing is too hard for Him
The reason why breakthroughs don't come to pass is because God is all knowing.
- He knows the state of our hearts and its motives behind the desire for the blessings
- God withholds blessings from us more out of love than hate
- If you don't understand the purpose of your blessings you will misuse them.
- God always tests you first with the little you have to see if you will be able to manage more
The whole point of praying for breakthroughs is for God to establish us as a City Church.
Trusting God doesn't start with prayer it begins with how you perceive Him.
- Prayer means God, help me - Every time you pray, you are seeking God's help.
- The power of an individual is in his prayer life - Only God is able to help us
Lessons from Hezekiah:
I. He had a deep sense of Divine presence - Prayer ain't effective unless you eternalize the presence of God - Is God present in your mind? - You can't be concerned about what time it is or the messages on your phone when you are praying for real.
The reason why you have not experienced breakthroughs is because you have not prayed for real. - Man is not designed to handle blessings; he goes crazy - God takes risks when He blesses us - Its easier to manage poverty than abundance.
II. He was aware of Divine majesty - He promoted the greatness of God above all - If God is greater than our problems then our problems ain't problems! - Until you decide God is more powerful, you won't experience breakthroughs
III. He was full of confidence of God's Divine power
IV. He was confident of God's concern for us - What sin have you committed which make you believe that it has made God disqualify you??? If you believe this, then it means the cross is powerless
V. He had an unselfish spirit - He did everything for God's glory
Can you handle to be blessed???
Isaiah 39:3-8 You are blessed to show up for God's glory and not to show off. - You aint blessed to play with blessings; blessings come with responsibility - Your place of danger is your thought life - you are what you think.
What is the purpose of asking for blessings if they are going to cause us to sin?