The exodus of the Israelites from Egypt was filled with major obstacles that God faithfully saw them through.
- They discovered God's identity through their struggles.
Battles have a tendency of making people have lower expectations towards life.
- Do not allow challenges to overcome you, rise in prayer.
Every time God delivers you, it gets worse before it gets better.
- God is saying despite the resistances remain calm; He is still control.
The biggest problem that people have is that they hope for a life without problems. Yet, it's always on the other side of major obstacles that people gain the most valuable life-lessons.
- Being born again doesn't mean your life will be problem free.
- Jesus already warned us that in this world we would be faced with many troubles which He has already overcame.
What you are becoming is more important to God than what you are gaining from the issues you are facing.
- Your perspective regarding the problems you are facing will determine how they will impact you.
What do you do when what you thought what was working stops working?
- What are the life lessons that you have internalized and have become a part of you?
- Whatever you hold onto in your heart becomes your way of life.
1. Significant Transitions Start with Prayer:
Prayer is not a Christian exercise but a key for survival.
- Whoever/whatever tries to talk to you out of prayer is similar to someone trying to make you not breath.
Major obstacles trigger Man's default reaction; turning to God in prayer.
- There is a God who can handle what you cannot handle.
- You need to pray both automatically and on purpose.
2 Kings 2:13-14
When Elisha was confronted with a challenge, he looked for the God of Elijah.
2 Chronicles 20:1-4; 12-14
When you are alarmed, resolve to seek help from the Lord.
- Where are your eyes focused on when you are faced with trouble.
- Every time you seek God, He will speak prophetically into your situation.
It's not a season for you to sleep but to get up and call upon God.
- You prayers are needed.
Prayer works because it catches God's attention.
- God pays attention to all your prayers.
God hears ALL your prayers.
- God sees, hears and responds to what we are going through.
- Pray for the manifestation of the people God has assigned to help you.
2. Significant Transitions Reveal God
God creates/allows obstacles as a teaching tool.
New insights about God are gained on the other side of obstacles:
* God is the Supreme Reality
God is real and He is in charge.
1 Kings 18:36
Beyond our challenges, there is a God who is in charge.
Major obstacles reveal God's reality in our lives as He fights and conquers on our behalf.
** God is the Sovereign Lord
God is in charge.
- Psalm 24:1
* God is a Mighty Warrior
Even though our God is the Supreme Reality and the Sovereign LORD, yet He is not the only Lord in the real world.
God is mighty but there are some forces that will not let go until God comes down to fight on your behalf.
Spiritual warfare is when evil spirits refuses to surrender to God.
Daniel 10:1- 3; 10
Your problem isn't God not answering but that between your problem and answered prayer there is resistance.
3. Significant Transitions Transform Us
God wants the significant challenges you are facing to change you.
The acts of our God should lead us to act like His people.
- Focus on God and do what you see Him do.
- If God is a Warrior, you are a Warrior too! Allow the Warrior in you to arise.