The devil tries to make you blind to the good things happening so that you only focus on the bad.
- his aim is to destroy all areas of your life.
- Gratitude is the ability to acknowledge the good things that are happening despite the challenges you are facing.
Take time to be grateful for what God has done, is doing and yet to do in your life.
- As you thank God, your mind will remember other good things that God has done and is doing.
Networking = net + work
* Net = a fisherman's net to catch fish
- individual strands interconnected with other strands.
** Work = an activity that utilizes mental and physical effort to achieve a particular goal.
Networking = Interconnected system that requires physical or mental effort to achieve a goal.
Characteristics of a net:
* A net requires interconnectdeness.
** No individual strand is greater than the whole.
- No individual is greater than the rest. Networking requires mutual dependency.
* Mutual reliance to function.
** A net is weakened by the tear of a strand.
Big breakthroughs are often the result of divine interposition and effective networking.
*Breakthrough = an impermeable barrier that needs to be broken in order for you to go through.
** Divine interdeposition - God inserting someone onto your path to assist you.
God used Anias to extract Paul from a killing network and inserted him into the Christian network.
There are certain people God will insert into your life to extract you from the wrong network and direct you where He has destined you to be.
Divine networking is being placed in a network where you benefit and others benefit from you as well.
Two spieces both benefit from their interconnectedness.
- Parasites connect to people to take and not give.
- Romans 1:20 - What God has created (nature) helps us to know who God is.
- Nature exalt God and gives us insight to who He is.
- Where there is a disconnect in nature it leads to paralysis or death.
- God made us to network.
No one can never be self made.
- Even how you were formed in your mother's womb, it took a woman and a man to become connected.
Never minimize the amount of support you are getting from your network.
- Learn to appreciate people who have helped, are helping you and yet to help you. No one is self made. We all need someone to help us reach our God given purpose.
1. A network is not based on transactions; what the person can do for you.
Your bad decisions to leave a network affect those who were part of the network with you.
- When you connect to a wrong person you become connected to their wrong network too. You end up carrying burdens and consequences that you were not suppose to bear had you been connected to the right network.
In the past people were defined by their network.
- Their value was based on who they were connected to.
- In recent years, people have worked for their worth to be based on themselves.
1 Samuel 18:1-4; 18
David was divinely interpositioned into royalty.
- Through God's divine interposition, He is going to take you from a network you had been tied to due to generational curses and place you into a network of divine blessings that will fulfill His promises over your life.
2. A biblical network is established on the foundation of love.
- If you are in a network that is not based on love, you need to leave as your aim is just to take.
- A good network is an opportunity for you to be a blessing to those who are part of it.
3. A biblical network cannot be superficial that is based on what you can see and enjoy.
- A real network goes beyond your logic.
- Jonathan knitted his soul with David.
4. A biblical network requires covenant.
- 1 Samuel 19:1-5
- Divine connections are no child play.
- Jonathan put his life in danger to protect David's life.
- David was divinely interdepositioned into Jonathan's life.
- God wants to insert you into a divine networks.
Learn to rely on divine networks as natural networks are not reliable.
May God connect you to someone who is prepared to go through natural means to protect you.
- May God allow us to be connected to people who are willing to cover your back.
May your networks be reliable, fight your battles and give you the insight you need to reach your next level in life.
May God give you a network of people who say what they mean and mean what they say.
1 Samuel 19:4
May God put people in your network who will speak well about you in areas where you have no voice.
- May He break you off from networks where people speak badly about you in your absence but say good things when you are around.
- Run away from people who do not celebrate your successes and try to destroy your ideas.
God is surrounding you with a network that is reliable.
Humility is a prerequisite for networking as God will sometimes bring someone into your network who will be greater than you.
A biblical networking because it is based on a covenant doesn't change due to challenges.
It is important to connect yourself to divine connections.
- A divine connection will make you a priority.
- A divine connection is available to all of us - Psalm 37:23.
Divine connections will put you where other people will naturally won't want to go and this will give you blessings that you wouldn't have naturally been able to possess.
Networking = evangelism
- You need to craft unbelievers into your Christian network by sharing the Gospel.
You need to take care of the good relationships that God has divinely connected you to.
You need to see people as souls and not according to gender, race or nationality.