Main Scripture - Acts 10:34-35
God shows no favoritism regardless where you are from.
- He accepts you when you take Him seriously and obey Him
Breakthrough - the capacity to overcome or penetrate an obstacle
- There are areas we feel that we face barriers
- It takes God to set you free from all obstacles
Two major areas where we experience blockages:
I. The mind
- How does your mind work?
- What are the mental barriers you are facing?
- The state of your mind determines if you will be able to believe God for what seems impossible.
II. Demonic defense line
- There are curses that have been spoken over you and unleashed demons to work in your life.
- Words hanging over your life make your life complicated.
You can't live in an incomplete blessing
- God blesses us in all 5 domains of life (financial, relational, emotional, spiritual and physical)
3 Mental Glass Ceilings - There are three mental barriers that keep people from breaking through:
I. One way traffic mentality
Cornelius did all the religious stuff well and lived as a 'normal Christian life' but restricted himself from pursuing divine revelation
- He was used to doing things for God and God not showing up
- Divine breakthrough = revelation of who God is
- Every time God reveals Himself in the Old Testament, people gave Him a name – e.g. Abraham called Him Jehovah Jireh after providing a sheep to replace Isaac as an offering.
Always go to Church with an expectation that God will reveal Himself in your life.
Many people are prepared to sacrifice and do anything for God.
- God is more concerned about Him working in your life
- Your first real breakthrough is when God reveals Himself to you
- Attending Church is not the key; it’s having an encounter with God
II. Scarcity Mentality aka Poverty Mentality
- This is when you have low expectations to receive anything from God
- You need to stretch your mind to believe that God will come through for you against all odds
- People with a scarcity mentality are easily given to bitterness and jealousy.
- Never come to God expecting what humans can do.
What are you expecting from God today?
Expectation is key
- Always have an expectation to have an encounter with God
III. Faulty believe system
- what you believe determines you behavior - your behavior determines your destiny - your destiny determines your destination
- How you program your mind will determine the state of your life.
God respects those who have functional faith
- Genesis 4: if you believe right, won't you receive your breakthrough?
- Have a lifestyle to believe God for breakthroughs - Hebrews 11:6 & James 1:8-9
You need to reach a place where your belief system is rooted in God.
- Your faulty belief system will keep you in bondage
- You need to correct your faulty belief system.
There are 4 indicators that precede breakthrough; they indicate that break through has arrived:
I. Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Begin to praise God before your breakthrough
- Seek the presence of God
II. Presence of Peace - Philippians 4:7
III. Presence of Boldness/Courage
- Choose to believe God
IV. Presence of a hope filled crystal clear vision
- God will give you clarity
Key for a breakthrough = simplicity (simple prayer) + faith