Main scripture - Matthew 6:10
There is energy, power and a force behind 'will'
- It is foundational
The will of God means His:
- It is impossible to do the will of God if you are alive to self. You need to die to self.
Many of us have already decided on whom we want to be and where we want to be.
- We only then seek for God to put His stamp of approval on what we have chosen and ordained for ourselves
God has to be the One who directs our paths
- Many don't trust God to lead their lives
God assures us in Jeremiah 29:11 of His good plans over our lives
- We find it difficult to trust God due to the past disappointments and betrayals we have suffered in the hands of people
Romans 8:26; James 4:3
Our needs should not form prayer points
- This is why we end up feeling like God does not answer prayer.
- Before you open your mouth listen to the voice of God. You need to pray according to the will of God over your life
- God is inviting us for His thoughts and ways to become our thoughts and ways...we need to narrow the gap between God and us
We are created for God's pleasure
- There are certain things that God does for His pleasure
God takes His time - what He has ordained will happen according to His timing
If you want to understand God as King in your life you need to understand His Sovereignty
- Daniel 4:34-35
- The 'I' should leave the Throne and allow God to rule.
- When God decides it stands. He does as He pleases.
God gives you the desires of your heart. These are the desires He puts into your heart
- When God decides to bless you nothing can stand against it!
If you want to walk with God you need to die to self and allow God to be King in your life
God is not accountable to anyone
- Your level of revelational knowledge of who Jehovah is determines how you worship Him.
Thy will be done - it is a revelational prayer!
- When you understand the sovereignty of God you will stop being easily offended.
- In the natural God is unfair and in the Spiritual He is just!
Allow God to be God
- Stop trying to be someone else; be yourself and celebrate who God has created you to be
- Surrender your life to God's will.
You cannot understand predestination if you don't understand fore-knowledge
- God is eternal. You cannot stop Him from seeing before it happens or know before it comes
NB: The sovereignty of God offends
Matthew 11:6 NKJV
"And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.”
John was offended because Jesus had not visited Him in prison, he received the report of what was happening outside of his location
- We too get offended when God does not timeously intervene into our situations
- We feel we have given Him our All and yet He still disappoints us!
In order for us to build our trust in God we need to believe:
a) He is not capable of making a mistake
b) He is not capable of doing any wrong
~ He doesn't abuse His sovereignty. He uses it to benefit His Children.
c) He knows the end from the beginning
~ He is in total control. He never panics. He is the Master of time.
- You are constrained and restricted by what you see
Although Jesus was very close to John the Baptist, He never rescued him. Jesus had:
- Anything we pray outside the will of God is a waste of time
- Jesus submitted His will to the Father
- Hebrews 10:5-7 and Luke 22:42 - May God bring you to a place when you declare that 'I am here on earth for Your will to be done in my life!'
- Allow God to be King in your life! Live a crucified life