Work is an activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
- When you have done what you are meant to do, what is the impact of your intervention onto the environment?
- If you understand this statement, it will change the level of your work ethic.
- Are you working as the Bible instructs you to work?
- You work ethic has to move from achieving to a form of worship to God.
- Work has to move from just being an intellectual or physical process but an act of worshipping God.
Biblical Concept of Work
The process of creatively transforming chaos into order for the benefit of both God and my fellow Man.
- Creativity - It is implementing an idea; work starts in your brain.
- You cannot effectively work without thinking first.
Be transformed by the renewal of your mind.
- Many people do not give thought to the work they do.
- Learn to put thought into what you do.
- Work can only start when you have identified an area where there is need for an intervention in order to fulfill the vision.
- Order - put things as they ought to be.
When you are not faithful with little (for example, keeping your bedroom clean and orderly), how will God trust you with big (running a corporate company).
- Everything starts in the bedroom.
Work is a process which requires your brain to think.
- Always start with what is feasible.
- Work to win.
- You will be judged based on the impact you made from the time you took over a responsibility until after your intervention.
- Prosperity is only attained through work.
Whatever Joseph touched prospered.
- You will be judged by how you handled what was entrusted to you.
- God needs to be glorified and your fellow Man edified due to your work ethic.
May God teach you to number your days.
- You don’t know which day is your last day.
- Live life by making each day count.
We don’t have long time here on earth. We must do things that are:
* Long lasting
Jesus only lived for 33 years yet the work He did for 3 years still impacts many people thousand of years late. His work is still making a lasting impact in many people’s lives.
- What is the state of your environment after your intervention?
- Life is too short.
- How many days are you left with on earth?
- Lord, teach me to number of my days.
- God is after your heart.
Job 14:1; James 4:13-14; Revelation 14:12-13
- Your days are few here on earth.
The blessedness of a Christian’s death is their work follows them.
- What you do in this life will go with you into eternal life.
Your work has to be worth doing.
- The purpose of work is to stop corruption (every chaotic activity), provide leadership (action) and guidance.
- Work is aimed at making an impact that glorifies God and edifies your fellow Man.
- Your work ethic should draw people to God.
Children are an extension of what they have been exposed to at home.
- Children are vulnerable to taking on their parents' weaknesses.
- If you don't work on you, your children will end up like you.
Biblical Purpose of Work
The primary purpose of work is not about profit first, rather a steady process of transforming a human being so that he can reflect the image of his Creator.
- When you work properly you begin to resemble God.
-Through your work ethic, how much of you has become like God.
- The purpose of a job is to make money for livelihood.
- When we work biblically, we focus on becoming more like God than accumulating wealth.
Genesis 1:1- 4
At the beginning of the world, God was using His brain through creativity.
- There is always something bad in your life that needs to be replaced by good.
- God made chaos keep losing ground. If you are like God, overtime, chaos must lose ground.
- Your presence in any project should bring chaos into order.
How much of you, overtime has become like God?
Tabitha and King Hezekiah were given extra years on earth due to their good work.
Do not allow the minor stuff in life to become major.
- Learn to forgive and move on; life is too short to live in bitterness.
This kind of person will ultimately become:
I. A true worshipper
When you work well, it is an act of worship to God.
- People should thank God because of you.
- Genesis 30:30b
- What has changed because of you?
- You work ethic should point people back at God.
II. A destiny changer
Your work needs to change the destiny of many people.
- You will leave a lasting legacy.
III. A servant God
You make it easier for God to establish His name on earth.
- You need to protect God's interest at all cost.
IV. A community builder
Always ask yourself how you can add value where you are.
V. A financially free individual
God will reward you for your good work ethic.
- Financial freedom comes last; never set out to get money but to solve problems and assist communities.
- When you solve people's problems, they will pay you for it.
- Financial freedom is a response to the work of a community builder.
- How many lives are you making better such that they thank you and make you wealthy?
- Never chase after money but community development.
- Every time you touch lives, you will make money.
- On what basis will God reward you?
Biblical Process of Work - Ephesians 4:28
Changing overtime to become like God:
* Work with diligence.
Put effort in all you do.
- God is against laziness.
Colossians 3:23 - do whatever you do as if working for the Lord.
- Are you diligent in what you are doing?
- How much time do you spend preparing your work before implementation?
- The more you prepare, the greater the success.
- Put your stamp on your work by doing it excellently.
** Work using your gifts and talents.
Do not go into someone else’s lane by doing what you are not good at.
- You are good at least one thing.
- Focus on what you are good at and do it well.
- What is your gift? Whatever you do naturally, sharpen it.
* Work with the view to improve society.
How can I make the society better?
** Work so that you will not take advantage of others.
Stop stealing from others by being a burden to them.
- Work with your own hands to provide for yourself first before you begin asking people for help.
*** Work to be a blessing to the weak and poor.