KINGDOM ECONOMICS - From wealth-creation to wealth-management.
Part II: “Wealth in the hands of those who live right”
Wealth in God’s economy is generated by faith through wisdom, understanding, and knowledge. Wealth in the hands of a righteous is to establish God’s covenant in the earth.
DEUTERONOMY 8:18; 1 TIMOTHY 6:17-19; JAMES 5:1-6
1.The principle of wealth in God’s
“If you obey God, you will have something to leave your grandchildren. If you don’t obey God, those who live right will get what you leave.” PROVERBS 13:22 (CEV); see also PROVERBS 3:9-10
2. The purpose of wealth in God’s economy
Wealth is for worship.
- Generosity : 2 CORINTHIANS 8:1-5; 1 TIMOTHY 6:17-19
- Growth : LUKE 7:1-5; ACTS 16:11-15
- Gain : 2CORINTHIANS 8:8-15
3. The problem of wealth among God’s people
- Tends to ensnare its possessor : PROVERBS 18:10-11; 1TIMOTHY 6:9-10; JAMES 5:1-6
- Tends to fly away : PROVERBS 23:5; ECCLESIASTES 2:26; LUKE 19:11-13, 20-27
- Tends to give a false sense of ownership : DEUTERONOMY 8:10-17; LUKE 12:13-21
“The biggest difference between rich people and wealthy people is in the choices and decisions they make every day, plus they behaviour around money.”