Joseph's life was blessed because God's presence was with Him. In 2019, you need to make sure you do life with God. Don't make a move if you are not certain that God is with you.
Moses prayed for God's presence to go with them. God never disclosed to Moses the challenges he would face along the way. He only assured him that His presence was with him.
1. Purity of life
Separation from the common things of the world
- To be separated for the things of God is a matter of choice.
- Joshua 3:5 - You need to conscrate yourself in preparation of the blessings God has in store for you in 2019.
- This is the year of evidence, fruitfulness, miracles and abundance
- You will see it with your own eyes and enjoy it.
Joshua 7:1, 21
Achan's decision of disobeying God's instruction resulted in the entire Israelite community being punished by God.
- Impurity led to Achan's family and belongs being destroyed as a way of cleansing the Israelite community.
- Stay away from things that don't bring God glory to ensure that you don't draw wrath upon yourself, family and belongings.
2. Obedience to the Word of God - Joshua 1:8
- You will only be prosperous and successful in all you do when you meditate and obey the Word of God.
3. Keep the covenants you made with God
- There are things you agreed with God to do and not do; you need to honor them at all cost.
- God's blessing is already there, you just need to access it.
I. Lord, help us to set our eyes upon your presence.
II. Lord, give us the grace to obey you fully.
III. Lord, create in us a pure heart.