We are the sheep of the Lord and shall be grateful for every resource He makes available to us and for his leadership, guidance and protection.
Characteristics of the Lord's Sheep
1. Sheep submit under the leadership, guidance and protection of their master.
2. Sheep are methodical in their approach to life. Unlike goats that can be wild, eat anything, climb trees; sheep are selective in their diet.
3. Sheep are hardly found roaming on their own. They move in fellowship. We should relate to each other beyond church.
4. Sheep have limited vision but are very good at hearing. They depend on the shepherd to navigate.
5. Sheep are able to distinguish the voices. No matter how mixed up groups of sheep are they can distinguish clearly the voice of their master among many voices.
Thanks is about acknowledging and appreciating the kindness that was received. Every single resource we have has a source and God is the source.
We can express our gratitude through:
1. Prayer of thanksgiving
2. Word of thanksgiving
4. Gift of thanksgiving