People will come to Church not only because of Jesus but also due to what He has done in your life. That's the Power of your testimony!
- The devil hates testimonies. He will try to oppress you for your testimony to die
- Anything that gives glory to God, the devil will attack it because it makes people build and put their faith in God
- The devil hates testimony. he works to restore to the grave what God has taken out; to kill your testimony
Hear the word of the Lord today, Your testimony will not die; your testimony is permanent!!!
2 Kings 4:20 (read from verse 1 - 37 for better understanding)
There are certain things that you do that makes God move on your behalf as He did for the Shunammite woman for taking care of His Prophet Elisha
The woman's son was born of the word of God, for the glory of God & the devil tried to kill him; her testimony
The devil may attack what gives God glory but God will defend it; walk with Him in faith, do not let emotions take you away from God
When the Shunammite's son died she most probably made these 2 confessions:
Confession 1... "There will be no funeral here!" What is your confession when faced with a dead situation?
Confession 2... "My mouth will not announce the works of the devil!" Whose works do you announce?
What is it that you have been nurturing that has died on your lap?
- Blessings from God also get attacked and die too
- In this season God is dealing with things in your life that you been carrying and they have died on your lap.
God sees the end from the beginning
- Even when it appears as if the devil is winning, he has actually lost! You need to see things beyond what is currently happening.
There are some crisis that God entrusts you with...don't panic!
- You need to refuse the works of the devil!
- You need to refuse to announce the works of the devil with your mouth!
- Do not agree with the devil - never speak of what he is doing
Can a man of God mention your name at a distance? (2 Kings 4:25)
- Maintain a good relationship with your Pastor
- Even when you prosper and God answers your prayers, remain connected to your Pastor
Be a woman/man of FAITH and move in the higher Spiritual dimension
- You can't put God in a formula! He always answers in different ways
- How can God intervene when you have given up already? God has not failed. The formula may have failed but God has not failed
- When what has worked before does not work anymore, wait for the word of God.
- God is moving you into a realm of signs and wonders. You need to be in the presence of God to receive the specific instructions. God is moving out of routine
1 Kings 17:7-24
God's provision can be seasonal just like the brook that was providing Elijaih with water dried up.
When the brook dries up wait for the word of God for the next instruction for the new season He is ushering you into.
- Be alert...the new provision might not appear like its a blessing from God. You need to stay put and follow God's instructions regardless.
- God will use resources you would never expect him to use! Let God be God. Don't put your faith in Man
God sent Elijah to indirectly save the widow as she served him
Points of reflection:
I. Look what's dying or has died on your lap (dreams, vision, sickness, disappointments, heartbreak, financial challenges, failure etc)
- In this season, God is visiting what's on your lap to resurrect it!
II. Look at what you are announcing with your mouth
III. Look at what you are confessing