Scriptures: Hebrews 13:7-8; Ruth 1:1-5, 14-18; Judges 17:6; Judges 21:25; Proverbs 20:6;
This series of teachings is to:
- Focus on revolutionary characters in the bible.
- Meditate on what made them champions
- Take a decision to do likewise.
Ruth's name means: friendship.
- Ruth made some very high declarations such as: Your God will be my God, associating herself with a God of an economic refugee.
- Ruth discovered that the weakness of God is stronger than anyone and anything.
- Ruth was RADICAL in her decisions.
- Ruth clung to someone who was nothing and had nothing to offer her but she remained loyal.
- Ruth discovered that this God was the God of the second chance.
- Ruth was radically blessed as she made it in Jesus' genealogy.
3 Main things to remember about her radical life:
- Ruth had a radical Faith in God.
- Ruth had a radical faithfulness.
- Ruth had a radical generosity.