Work is the process of creatively transforming chaos into order for the benefit of both God and my fellow Man.
Your obedience to Man should be consistent both in and out of their presence.
- God considers what you do out of sight of people.
- Do not do things to please Man but as a reflection of your fear (respect) of God.
- God is preparing you for a greater destiny.
- Serve Man with a sincere heart, fearing God.
Do all things from a good heart.
- God knows your motives.
- As you work do not focus on Man but on pleasing God.
- When you are serving, it is not for Man but for God.
Your true reward won't come from Man but God.
1 Corinthians 30-58
Do not wait to get compliments in order for you to be motivated to work excellently.
- Your focus needs to be on pleasing God who will reward you for everything good work you have done.
Do not compliment people to boost their ego but rather out of sincerity.
1. Work with God's consciousness
Work knowing that God sees everything you do and He will ensure you will reap what you sow, good or bad.
- Do everything as if you are doing it for the Lord.
- When you are aware of God's active presence in your life, it protects you from sinning.
Whenever you are serving someone, imagine serving God in the flesh.
- For married people, whatever you do for your spouse, it is a form of ministry. You actions need to be a ministry to your spouse.
- Men need to learn to love their wives and women need to learn to serve their husbands.
- Marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured.
- Be steadfast and immovable in your good works to your spouse.
Watch what you say about and do to people.
- God sees everything and will ensure you reap what you sow.
When you pray for a spouse, pray for God to change you to be a good spouse to the wife or husband, He will bless you with.
2. Work with energy
Jeremiah 48:10; 1 Timothy 4:14; Ephesians 4:8; 2 Thessalonians 3:6-14
Give you best whenever you are given an opportunity to serve.
- Do not neglect the duties, gifts and talents that God has given you.
- Never work with complaints and murmuring.
- Just as God is working so you should also work.
- If you do work with negligence you will be cursed.
Proverbs 11:18; 18:9
3. Work well with a joyful heart
Do not pretend or work in animosity.
- Work with joy.
4. Work with enthusiasm
2 Timothy 1:6
The way you work should motivate others to work well.
- Work is a gift from God that you need to take care of.
- Stir the gift inside of you.
Work brings dignity in your life.
When you serve God it brings fulfilment.
- Serve according to the gifts God has given and the purpose He has ordained over your life.
- Ecclesiastes 3:18
Psalm 90:12; John 9:4