Growth and progress are inevitable.
- You need to adapt and adjust according to the growth.
The decision to expand the school didn't come from Elisha but a student prophet.
- Attitude (buy in for a project) is more important than the means (paying for the project).
- Failure to achieve project goals sometimes is due to lack of willingness and not the means to partake.
Every generation has an opportunity to do what no other generation has ever done.
Who is God to you?
For God's glory will you do anything for Him?
- When there is love, sacrifice is enjoyable.
One of our pitfalls is being upset when you do not get acknowledged for what you have done.
- Do not seek Man's approval but God's.
In every miracle God does, He always gets human beings involved.
- God does the majority of the work and Man has a small part to play yet they still struggle to fulfill their role.
1. Desire drives change
i. We won't
People find it difficult to invest if they are not the first beneficiaries.
- There has to be a generation willing to change history for future generations to come.
- You need to desire to see change.
ii. We can't
When you are not interested, you will always find reasons why you can't be involved in a project.
- When you do not want to do something everything becomes too heavy to fulfill the mandate.
Judas was offended with Jesus's acceptance for His feet to be anointed with perfume.
- The work of the Lord keeps suffering because people do not value Jesus and their relationship with Him.
- Spiritual maturity is important in how you relate and honor God.
iii. We want
Desire to do something begins to become your focus.
2 Corinthians 8:12
God will never require from you something you do not have.
iv. We can
Desire always drives change.
- If you want, you can.
- Your issue is not about means but attitude.
Anything you do for the Lord will speak for you when you get to heaven.
- Whatever you do for God is never in vain.
When there is a desire and willingness, miracles happen.
- Where there is a will, there is a way - Pauline Kael.
2. Diligence leads to success
- Diligence - putting effort consistently until you get the desired results.
- For a project to work, you need to be willing to work through difficulties.
i. Significant losses
- You need to acknowledge the reality of the losses you will encounter as you pursue the projects God has given you.
ii. Sensitive to the fact
- Whenever, you engage in God's work, there will be mightily challenged.
- The enemy can delay the work but will never succeed in stopping it.
- Setbacks should never result in a permanent standstill.
- It is easy to allow things out of your control to become a delay of your choosing.
- God's projects never die.
iii. Seeking God's help
It's time to go back to work.
- When you seek help from God, He will restore what was lost, replenish your strength and renew your commitment.
God will do the part only He can do but He will leave to us to do the part we can do.